Healthy Scotch Egg
This is such a good, healthy alternative to have as a complete meal or use for a healthy picnic, I guarantee it will go down a treat with the kids too!
Servings: 1 egg
3 Heck chicken sausages / veggie sausages
2 Medium eggs, 1 beaten
1 TBLSP Flour
1 TSP Chutney
Half a pitta bread
- Boil the egg in simmering water for 5 minutes, until hard boiled.
- Pop the egg in cold water for a few minutes.
- Take the sausage meat out of the skin and with wet hands flatten the meat.
- Peel the egg and put it in the sausage meat and close the meat around it.
- Dust it in flour, then in the beaten egg, then in the breadcrumbs, lay the egg on parchment paper and spray with 1 cal spray
- Cook in a preheated oven at 200 for approx. 15 minutes until the sausage meat is cooked, or alternatively pop it in an air fryer for about 14 minutes turning occasionally.
- Serve with chutney, mixed leaves and some pitta to mop up the yolk.
1 portion = 1C 1F 1P 1V 1 SAUCE