If your not done celebrating the Royal Wedding just yet try these tasty healthier scones.
Servings: 1 portion = 1 Scone, this recipe makes 8 scones
225g Wholemeal self raising flour
100g Wholemeal plain flour
1 ½tsp Baking powder
50g Unsalted butter
2 TBLSP Maple syrup
1tsp Vanilla extract
150ml Skimmed milk
1 Egg beaten
Sugar free jam
1. Put all the dry ingredients together and with your fingers rub the butter in until there are no big lumps of butter.
2. Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract and milk and use your hands to mix it together.
3. Roll the dough out onto a floured surface and use a 6 cm cutter to cut out the scones.
4. Brush the scones with the egg ensuring not to get it on the sides.
5. Put them in a preheated oven at 200 for 10-15 minutes until risen and golden.
6. Serve them with mixed berries and 50g quark sweetened with stevia or sugar and serve with sugar free jam.
1 portion= 1C 1F ½ P