flexible cardio options
Recommended Cardio for health and weight loss.
The ACSM guidelines for cardiovascular exercise for health benefits are;
Doing moderate exercise 40-60% HRR (up to 4 on a scale of 1-10), 3-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes totalling 150 minutes.
(For weight loss aim at 300 minutes per week).
Doing vigorous exercise 60% HRR upwards (4-10 on a scale of 1-10), 3 or more times a week for at least 20 minutes totalling 75 minutes.
(For weight loss aim at 150 minutes per week, this could be spread over more days as oppose to longer sessions due to the higher intensity).
- You can mix cardio up between low and high intensity workouts, but you must get these minutes in, so you can do 100 minutes high and 100 minutes low unless advised otherwise.
- Mixing up your cardio will be more beneficial than doing the same cardio day in day out.
- Each HIIT is classed at 40 minutes high intensity exercise so you could choose to do 4 of these a week and then complete the rest of your cardio in walking/ running/ using other Cardio equipment.
- You can use CV equipment/ other forms of CV exercise (like running/ sprinting) the same way in which the HIIT is set out, so using the timings specified in that weeks training.
- If you are using a step tracker aim for 10-15k steps day
Remember to work at a pace which is comfortable for you and your body.
- If you have any other requests or issues please contact us HERE.