Turkey Burger with Onion Relish
280g Turkey mince
2 Red onions
2 TBLSP Cranberry sauce, reduced sugar if possible
150g Mixed leaves
2 Burger buns (around 150 calories)
- Chop and lightly pan fry one red onion and grate the courgette. Meanwhile cut the other onion into half moons and add to a pan with 50 ml of water, let them simmer in this water until reduced and soft, adding a little more water if needed.
- Combine the pan fried red onion, grated courgette and mince together and shape in to burger, make sure it isn't too compact or it will become too dry.
- Put the burgers under a medium grill, turning every 4 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
- Once the onions in the pan have reduced mix the cranberry sauce into them.
- Cut up the brie and put it on top of the burgers to melt for a minute under the grill while you toast your buns.
- Serve the burger in the bun alongside your mixed salad leaves.
1 portion = 1C 1F 1P 1V
To fit 1C 1P minus the cheese.
To fit HC HP Half portion and minus the cheese.
1 Sauce used